Site Links


3 Murder Suspects Arrested

3 murder suspects were arrested by the police and sent to the Akwa Ibom state command headquarters, Uyo.
The first suspect, an 18 year old young man, Endurance Akpan from Idio Nung Iba village in Etim
Ekpo Local Government Area of AkwaIbom was arrested for the murder of his mother, Mrs Lovina Akpan.
Endurance who is the last child from a family of eight children arrived home from PortHarcourt and told his mother to go into his room to pick the gift he bought for her. Instead of presenting a gift to her, he strangled her to death and dumped her body at a pit toilet close to the compound.
After accomplishing his mission, he left for PortHarcourt where he was caught and arrested by the police. Akpan explained why he committed the crime: “I killed her because she tried to poison me and not let me understand myself anymore.”
The second suspect, Mr Gideon Idio, who happens to be a pastor of God’s power city is from Nkwa in Ibiono Local Government Area. He invited the deceased lady, Joanna Okon who is also a member of his church over to his office. An issue which is still unknown to the Police arose in the office which caused the suspect to attack the lady until she collapsed and died.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, Ms Cordelia Nwawe narrated: “The so-called pastor locked the deceased inside his office and used the deceased’s cell phone to call her relation claiming to be a tricycle operator who picked up the girl from Udotung Ubo Street enroute Itam and she slumped inside the tricycle and he is taking her to an undisclosed hospital.”
"As if that was not enough, the suspect later informed the relations of the girl that he saw her corpse at IBB road, Uyo and removed the corpse to his office, after which the suspect and relations of the deceased conveyed the corpse to a mortuary at Ibiono Ibom.”
Suspect number three, Anietie Ibong was said to have taken custody of sixteen year old Happiness Isaiah, promising to sponsor her education. Early this month, the suspect’s wife lost her three months old pregnancy, this made him very unhappy, he accused the deceased of witchcraft.
He summoned her to the parlour after she served his wife’s dinner, then beat her, causing lacerations to her leg, hand, stomach and back. He even went as far as pouring hot water on her thoracic cavity.
The three murder suspects are presently still in the cell at the Police Headquarters.


Post a Comment